Benefits Of Using Servo Linear Actuators
As mentioned above, servo linear actuators have been designed for tasks that do not require a steady-state. They also have been designed to give control to users. Aside from these, there are other benefits of servo linear actuators. They include;
● The low cost overall; is one of the many benefits of a servo linear actuator. It is a low-cost actuator that is capable of offering users the opportunity to carry out their tasks in an efficient and precise manner.
● They have been designed to have smooth rotations at an increasingly low speed. This is one feature that separates this actuator from the linear actuator.
● Reduced power usage. Using the servo linear actuator, no power is used when the servo stops moving. This helps to reduce power usage.
● Because of the precision level of the servo linear actuator, the servos are capable of attaining high speeds. While attaining high speeds, users are able to control the speed level.
Downsides Of Using A Servo Linear Actuator
Some of the downsides of using a servo linear actuator include but are definitely not limited to these;
● To enable you to make use of servo linear actuators for a long period of time, you need to regularly maintain it. And the cost of maintenance can be large. This is one of the downsides of this actuator.
● Installing and making use of the servo linear actuator is quite expensive. This makes it difficult for anyone to easily install and make use of it.
● Servos have been identified to have bad thermal performance. This is another major downside of this actuator.
● Servo linear actuators have been identified to be quite difficult to maintain in environments that are hazardous.